Photos are a very important part of an online listing, especially when making a first impression. Buyers are either drawn to or pushed away by what they see. To take great listing photos you wont need a professional photographer, just grab your camera and take notes!
Here are a few tips and tricks to getting the most out of your online listing photos:
1. Lighting – Make an effort to take photos during the day when the sun is out, open blinds and curtains. This will brighten the picture and give viewers more of a better visual on the details. Let’s face it, dark and gloomy photos are not attractive.
2. Show it off– Instead of taking photos of a corner in a room, focus on all the great features the home has to offer. If there’s a special feature listed in the description, more than likely the potential buyer will be searching for it within the photo gallery.
3. De-clutter– Ask the seller to tidy up and store away unnecessary clutter. Clear off counter tops and tables, put clothes away and make sure all cabinet and dresser drawers are closed. De-cluttering helps enlarge the look of the room making it more appealing to viewers.
4. Staging– Staging helps give your home a good look and feel that buyers are looking for. You can hire a professional or simply do it yourself, all you’ll need is some paint and a few added touches of decor.
5. More Photos– All too often I see a listing with only one or two photos, this does not give the potential buyer enough visual of what it is they are looking for. The more photos the better chance the buyer will become interested in scheduling a showing.